I'm going to ignore all the D600 Complaints and buy one

Started Apr 27, 2013 | Discussions thread
ne beginner
Senior MemberPosts: 2,009Gear list
Like?
Re: I'm going to ignore all the D600 Complaints and buy one
In reply to tomiartz, May 1, 2013

tomiartz wrote:

I bought mine refurbished from adorama and yes, it also has the oil issue like some others around here. I've made it a habit to wet clean just before a shoot. It takes two minutes so I really don't understand what all the hoopla is all about. Pec pads 8$, eclipse another $8, and the results well worth the time. Is it realistic to expect no maintenance at any time with these tools. I believe some of the loudest screamers in this forum spend more time looking for problems than learning what they can actually do with the their cameras. Hope you get some beautiful images out of your new toy. Would love to see something worthwhile instead of white or blue sky at f22.

When did you get yours? What were the first  3 digits of the serial number? I just got my refurb from adore a today. Serial number surprised me: 303XXXX. The seems to be from last December. Actuations at 6however, and this camera looks unused. The sensor is clean, as is the whole inside area.

Also got a refurbed 24-120 f4. This looks good as well, cosmetically. I will have to test both this weekend in more detail.  What a weigh difference between this and m D800 and 24-70.

ne beginner's gear list:ne beginner's gear list
Nikon D600 Nikon AF-S Nikkor 85mm f/1.4G Nikon AF-S Nikkor 50mm f/1.8G Nikon AF-S Nikkor 28mm f/1.8G Nikon AF-S Nikkor 24-85mm F3.5-4.5G ED VR
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow