Why m4/3rds is declining in the US.

Started Apr 29, 2013 | Discussions thread
bosjohn21
Senior MemberPosts: 6,016
Like?
Re: Why m4/3rds is declining in the US.
In reply to jonikon, May 1, 2013

jonikon wrote:

Why make more work for yourself and use a crippled camera with manual focus when there are more capable AF systems like the Nikon 1 cameras?

Manual focus is old school and not acceptable for fast action photography. I used MF back in the day because I had to, but I don't use MF anymore unless I absolutely have to focus through something, (like a fence).

I don't drive manual transmission cars anymore either, as the heavy traffic of today has made a stick shift a real nuisance, and the new automatic transmissions are very smooth and efficient nowadays. I like  the new auto-magic!  

- Jon

manual focus was and is used for fast action photography all the time. it takes more practice and skill but quite doable.

you car analogy is iffy as I drive a manual because I prefer being in control rather than the car. I have no problem in heavy traffic and I am older than dirt. but yes modern perdictive focus will help the novice get better shots in follow focus situations, pros will use what ever they have and what ever works to get the shot.

-- hide signature --

John aka bosjohn21

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
NEXNew
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow