New (and better?) Bare Bulb Alternative to Q Flash and Elinchrom Ranger. What do you think?

Started Apr 27, 2013 | Discussions thread
plevyadophy
Veteran MemberPosts: 4,250Gear list
Like?
Re: Bargain basement QFlash X kit
In reply to UKphotographers, Apr 30, 2013

UKphotographers wrote:

plevyadophy wrote:

UKphotographers wrote:

Heres an interesting fact since you like quoting costs.. I bought an almost new 400Ws X5d-R, 2 QPAQ's, 200Ws booster and an International AC adapter for $500 recently. Thats 1/3 of the cost you're quoting comparing new prices and less even than a new Godox 180 kit costs. All that functionality and increased output you can get for so much less.

Hey dude!!!

Say what?!!!

At that price, you gotta tell me (private msg if you like) where I can buy; you can't tease me like that!!

At that bloody price I am sure I can put to one side my not liking too much that the Qpaqs can't be used with my speedlites.

Tell me tell me now! Otherwise i'll sqeam and sqeam and sqeam!!!

Theres no secret.. just check out the listings on eb. Most of the Quantum stuff is barely used and if you buy as full kits they're really good value for money. Another 'brand new' 400ws kit I was watching with Qpaq, 200ws booster, battery, X5d-R and FW7Q went for $700 including a CoPilot, Chimera QR speedring, pole mount and gels.. It was valued at $2700 by the seller who had bought from B&H.. I'd already offered him $1100 for it, but he refused then when he had no other offers he reduced the BIN and didn't let me know. You just need to watch. The USA site has loads, especially if you want the T5d-R's - they're more popular for whatever reason.

-- hide signature --

Ian.
http://www.commercialphotographer.co.uk
Theres only one sun. Why do I need more than one light to get a natural result?

But what I don't get is, if these lights are so great why are people dumping on eBay in such large numbers nearly new gear at a massive discount? Something doesn't add up.

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow