GH3 - Who says that m43 is not good for sports !!!

Started Apr 29, 2013 | Discussions thread
Dheorl
Senior MemberPosts: 1,550Gear list
Like?
Re: GH3 - Who says that m43 is not good for sports !!!
In reply to illy, Apr 30, 2013

illy wrote:

Dheorl wrote:

69chevy wrote:

This is through a chain link fence, with a 5 year old DSLR. Show me a mirrorless shot anywhere close to having this much background seperation that is this sharp, through a fence and 90 feet away.

You are arguing that you can hunt bears with a bb gun. Although you technically could, you wouldn't be wise (or successful).

Any of the ones I posted here the type of thing you mean? (I would post the photos in this thread but dpr/my connection isn't letting me).

No they weren't shot though a fence but I don't ever see that being more than a very rare occurance with me shooting sports. I also suspect a fair few DSLRs would probably fail shooting through a fence and I know for sure I'd much rather use my GH2 for sports than something like a 1000D.

if you were using a decent lens with a focus limiter then shooting through the fence wouldn't be an issue

Sure, spend more money and you'd get better performance. What do you really expect? Also it depends at what distance the fence is. For all I know the combo I use might not have any trouble with it, but as I say, I've never had to and don't see how it's hugely relevant in a thread about shooting sports.

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow