Are m4/3 cameras too expensive when you…

Started Apr 30, 2013 | Discussions thread
Guy Parsons
Forum ProPosts: 18,610Gear list
Like?
Decisions...
In reply to Grobb, Apr 30, 2013

Ah, sound advice from a sensible person. Hey! Wait, that's me.

Anyway my reasons for the kit lenses do make sense, I have both Oly 14-42mm Mk1 and Mk2 and the Pana 14-45mm and the Panasonic lens is just plain nicest to use, non collapsing design, nice metal mount, lens hood supplied, image quality good even wide open, switchable OIS makes it the standout of the kit lenses.

Paired with that the Pana 45-150mm, again nice build, metal mount, lens hood supplied and with the E-PL5 the OIS can be used to get a nice stabilised preview. Makes a world of difference in real use. Then the suitable MySets assigned to the Mode dial make it so that I can turn stabilisation on/off by twisting the Mode dial. Life's so easy now on the E-PL5 with way way less menu diving, definitely a better camera to use than the E-M5.

As an aside the better performance of the E-PL5 has made me less anxious to go seek prime lenses, the kit lenses work so much better with the E-PL5 than they did with E-PL1 or E-P3.

Regards...... Guy

Guy Parsons's gear list:Guy Parsons's gear list
Olympus PEN E-PL5 Panasonic Lumix G Vario 45-150mm F4-5.6 ASPH Mega OIS Olympus 12-40mm F2.8 Panasonic Lumix DMC-LX3 Casio Exilim EX-ZR1000 +16 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow