Are m4/3 cameras too expensive when you…

Started Apr 30, 2013 | Discussions thread
baxters
Veteran MemberPosts: 4,079Gear list
Like?
Re: Are m4/3 cameras too expensive when you…
In reply to Grobb, Apr 30, 2013

tron555 wrote:

I’ve decided to look at getting an E-PL5, the Panasonic 14-45mm and Panasonic 45-150mm lenses. After reading many reviews on the Internet and this forum, I think this system would be a perfect start. I also appreciate some excellent advice and suggestions that made a LOT of sense to me by Guy Parsons. Thanks Guy, you really seem to know what you are talking about.

I cannot argue with the above choices if one wants to get a little better quality, but you're falling into the same obsessive pursuit of perfection trap that you described in your original post.

The EPL5 is currently on sale for $549 in the USA. You only save $50 by not getting the 14-42 II. Take the lens. Try it out.  The 40-150 is $149 right now, but it was $99 eight weeks ago and is sure to drop to that level again.

Then if you're lucky, maybe someone will give you an old OM 50mm f1.8 for free or next to nothing and you can pick up the VF3 for $99 on sale this month plus a $12 adapter.

Oly 45mm standard at f7.1

14-42 II at 42mm and f5.6

14mm f2.5, another standard. at f7.1

14-42 II at 14mm and also f7.1

Oh, there is a big difference between the 45mm and the 14-42 II, but it doesn't always show in a casual shot.

baxters's gear list:baxters's gear list
Olympus Body Cap Lens 15mm F8.0
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow