dradam
Senior MemberPosts: 2,639
Like?
Re: "Pie in the Sky Drive" out here...
In reply to Sean Nelson, Apr 30, 2013

Sean Nelson wrote:

Abrak wrote:

Sean Nelson wrote:

I find text editing with a touchscreen very frustrating because of the need to do a two- or three-step each time you want to select text - a mouse is far, far easier to use for purposes like this.

BTW text selection with the 'touchpad' is a breeze compared to using a touchscreen (like the text selection + delete needed to make this post).

The problem I've had with a touch screen is that you don't have the same accuracy as you do with a mouse.   So you have to touch as close as you can to the text, then fiddle with the selection handles to get the exact text you want - that's what I mean by needing to do a "two- or three-step".

I've personally found touchpads (like the ones on my various laptops) to be sufficiently accurate for 99% of my daily applications such as selecting text with little to no problem or added effort.  Touch screens, on the other hand, I have had a similar experience to you, though at least part of the problem there was the only touchscreens I've used are my tiny phone and iPod.

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
yesNew
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow