Started Apr 29, 2013 | Discussions thread
Jorginho
Veteran MemberPosts: 7,579Gear list
Like?
Re: cailean gallimore, nex crushes canon dynamic range
In reply to Christoph Stephan, Apr 30, 2013

Christoph Stephan wrote:

Sk8trguy wrote:

cailean gallimore  appears to be a huge sony fan.  everyone know the sony nex has crushed the canon rebels for years.  even now the cheapest olympus m43 camera is better.

hahahahahahah!

oh, no front and read focusing issues that plague the rebels either.

It also user interface, and here, the Sony chocolate boxes and and the viewfinder-less Olympus (not the OM-D!) suck!

What use is supposed better dynamic range, if I cannot make a decent composition in bright sunlight, or, even worse, cannot take any photos at all, because the thirsty finder has sucked all batteries empty?! What if I have to search in menues to make the most essential adjustments?

NEX6 and 7 have an EVF I believe. I have an EVF for my EPl5 too btw. Don't know about the NEX, but the battery for the EPL5 does not suck my batteries dry just like that and a second battery weighs so little you can take another one with you.

Other than that it is true that EPL5, OMD, GH3, EPM2 have better noise, better DR etc especially at base ISO. Once you move up to the ISO ladder there is little difference though.

Canon has a new fab for its sensors so I am excited to see how well the new sensors built there will perform! It is time for some competition fro Sony I think.

Jorginho's gear list:Jorginho's gear list
Panasonic Lumix DMC-G1 Panasonic Lumix DMC-GH2 Olympus PEN E-PL5 Panasonic Lumix DMC-GH4 Panasonic Lumix G Vario 14-45mm F3.5-5.6 ASPH OIS +9 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
NEXNew
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow