The BIGGEST problem with my DP2M....

Started Apr 30, 2013 | Discussions thread
DMillier
Forum ProPosts: 17,842
Like?
Re: The BIGGEST problem with my DP2M....
In reply to Gary Dean Mercer Clark, Apr 30, 2013

Er, I believe that's exactly what I recommended

ps

The printing process involves resampling in the print driver so it happens with prints anyway.

pps

The main point was that comparing files at 100% onscreen is comparing per pixel quality only, not the absolute quality of a file.  A 2MP Foveon image is all you need to max out a monitor but it doesn't mean it would make a sharp a A0 print as the D800e or a Dp2m.

pps

All that aside, Sandy's description of the "roundness" of Foveon images (as opposed to "flat") is an interesting observation. I've never seen anything that suggests this happens in my own images but that doesn't mean it doesn't happen in other circumstances. It doesn't mean it does either: it's perfectly possible that once someone gets the idea in their head that Foveon does this or does that, they subconsciously sift through images until they find something that matches the expectation and this creates confirmation bias (which they will then deny resolutely, as that is what confirmation bias does). It seems to me that a 3 way shoot out between film, Bayer and Foveon might be useful (if we assume that the Bayer CFA is causing losses rather than Foveon having magical properties).

-- hide signature --
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
+1New
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow