LincolnB
Senior MemberPosts: 3,734Gear list
Like?
Re: My Point Exactly...
In reply to Fave Photog, Apr 30, 2013

Fave Photog wrote:

I said the same thing right after this thread was started:

http://www.dpreview.com/forums/post/51352770

The OP asks how the image was lit, and when he receives the simple truth, he (and a few others) snub their collective nose at those providing the correct answer and insist that it just CAN'T be that simple.

I did nothing of the sort.

Someone mentioned "arrogance" earlier...now THAT is arrogance!

Why ask a question if you have no intention of accepting the correct answer?  Easy...arrogance and lack of humility.

After all, the OP obviously was under the mistaken assumption that the image was the result of magical lighting and masterful PP.

I said nothing of that kind at all. But now you can blow me. If you want to talk about arrogance you might look at your post right above this one. Rude, arrogant, and condescending. And now blocked from my feed.

So, when it was revealed that the image was lit by nothing more than a single flash held close to the lens axis...why..

that is what I thought initially. I said, and I quote, "I suspect a little of both - a harsh light plus a whole bunch of PP to smooth out the skin. I think that would be easier than painting in some shadows."

LincolnB's gear list:LincolnB's gear list
Olympus PEN E-P1 Panasonic Lumix DMC-G3 Fujifilm X-E1 Olympus M.Zuiko Digital ED 40-150mm 1:4-5.6 Panasonic Lumix G Vario 14-42mm F3.5-5.6 II ASPH Mega OIS +4 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow