Started Apr 28, 2013 | Discussions thread
Pentax_Prime
Senior MemberPosts: 2,457Gear list
Like?
+1
In reply to Robgo2, Apr 30, 2013

Robgo2 wrote:

brecklundin wrote:

Well, we're all gushing over the beloved 43ltd but none of us have been willing to fess up the it's dirty secret....the silly screw-on lens hood.  Not only is it fiddly & inconvenient but the thing is silly expensive if you loose or otherwise say, stop on top of it with your pickup. It;s then you realize what a huge flaw it is for an otherwise perfect sliver of glass.

After buying a replacement, I can't abide not having all the OEM bits for my gear, I went and bought a nice few inexpensive collapsable rubber lens hoods to share between my lenses.

ButI just thought someone should confess about this "horrible" flaw which pretty much renders this jewel unusable to any "real" Pentxite.  

I love the hood, which never leaves my FA43 lens.  It is small, yet provides adequate shade and protection.  The lens cap fits over the hood perfectly and has never come off accidently.  I cannot understand anyone complaining about it.

Rob

No reason to take the hood off - it's simple, impossible to lose, and effective.

-- hide signature --

*My Pentax Street Gallery - Arranged By Lens Used*
http://photobucket.com/andy_allen

Pentax_Prime's gear list:Pentax_Prime's gear list
Pentax K-5
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
+1New
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow