No more SLT!

Started Apr 29, 2013 | Discussions thread
EinsteinsGhost
Forum ProPosts: 11,879Gear list
Like?
Re: Obsolete
In reply to havoc315, Apr 30, 2013

havoc315 wrote:

They went full frame with a "compact" with the RX1.  Rumor suggest that fullframe NEX is coming.

Professional photographers and advanced hobbyist will still want a more dSLR-like body of course.  But most of those types of photographers aren't Sony shooters.  I wouldn't be shocked to just see Sony abandon that market.  I hope not.  Sony obviously is taking photography seriously with the NEX, RX and other compact systems.  Hopefully, they feel they need to have a "dSLR" model, just to keep people within the brand.

How did that work out for Minolta? How about Pentax, which has plenty of heritage but not much success to count on? Sony is making an attempt to create a niche, which just may be spelling the future. And I'm glad it hasn't chosen to follow Canon and Nikon.

And if FF NEX is coming, chances are, it will be relying more on A-mount than on E-mount. Perhaps the LA-EA3 adapter will come in handy, as it does in a FF NEX today.

EinsteinsGhost's gear list:EinsteinsGhost's gear list
Sony Cyber-shot DSC-F828 Sony SLT-A55 Sony Alpha NEX-6 Sigma 18-250mm F3.5-6.3 DC OS HSM Sony 135mm F2.8 (T4.5) STF +12 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Ok..New
LOLNew
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow