My next lens the DA 43 ltd ?

Started Apr 28, 2013 | Discussions thread
brecklundin
Senior MemberPosts: 1,832Gear list
Like?
Re: OK, I'll confess there is an important weakness in the 43ltd...
In reply to Robgo2, Apr 30, 2013

weird because my cap is a enough on the loose side that I just decided right off the bat to not use it.  A friend's is the same way.  Maybe it's the fabric liner shrinking some?  Dunno...It is a cool looking hood no doubt, is sort of stylish.  I just did not want to damage the hood or cap carrying it around and in the bag.

Like I wrote I already killed one hood and it dropped out of my bag when I forgot to put it away after using the lens and I didn't notice.  But I literially stop my pickup with the thing right under a tire which scuffed it up and wrecked the threads. In place of the original  cap as I wrote I bought a bunch of those inexpensive brand-x el cheapo caps that say Pentax on the front.  I keep extras in all my bags in case one breaks or lost.

The cap on my 77ltd is on the loose side as well.

brecklundin's gear list:brecklundin's gear list
Pentax K-5 Pentax smc FA 31mm F1.8 AL Limited Pentax smc FA 43mm F1.9 Limited Pentax smc FA 77mm 1.8 Limited Sigma 8-16mm F4.5-5.6 DC HSM +4 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
+1New
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow