About OSS degrading image quality

Started Apr 29, 2013 | Questions thread
Section10
Contributing MemberPosts: 647Gear list
Like?
Re: About OSS degrading image quality
In reply to viking79, Apr 30, 2013

viking79 wrote:

Oh and if you disagree with me then you're not a professional photographer and haven't been doing it for many years like myself.....

I am tending the other way.  OIS and IBIS are tripod replacements, nothing more.  A tripod is always better unless you don't have one with you (or aren't allowed to have one with you). The more photography I do the more I have learned to not use OIS and IBIS as usually a faster shutter speed and higher ISO is what is needed instead.

The only time I rely on OIS/IBIS is shooting weddings where I am stuck using a flash with a sync speed of 1/180 or 1/250 at most and shooting with a 50-150mm f/2.8 lens (crop) or 70-200mm f/2.8 lens for full frame.  So the flash sync is forcing me to use too slow of a shutter speed, and my flash is balancing ambient so there is motion blur from the lens if it isn't stabilized.

Eric

I urge people to understand the humor in my "if you disagree with me" statement, people have been making this condescending point in recent threads by listing their history in photography rather than focusing on the topic at hand. Sorry, I'll trade your 'years of history' for a good photo and an honest answer any day

Section10's gear list:Section10's gear list
Sony RX100 Sony RX1R Sony Alpha NEX-5 Canon EOS 6D Canon EF 70-300mm f/4-5.6L IS USM +2 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow