Started Apr 29, 2013 | Discussions thread
havoc315
Senior MemberPosts: 1,413Gear list
Like?
Re: Obsolete
In reply to Lucas_, Apr 30, 2013

Lucas_ wrote:

havoc315 wrote:

Whether SLTs or traditional mirrors like Nikon, Canon & Pentax, these are carry overs from film SLR cameras that really don't fit in the digital world.  Sony has gone with the EVF, while the others continue to hold on to optical viewfinders from the film days.  Another example is the labeling of "drive modes", on DSLRs, a carryover from mechanical film SLRs that doesn't fit in the digital era.

Micro four-thirds have some shortcomings in sensor size and noise above ISO 800.  Two new cameras, the Panasonic GH3 and G6, are feature and function rich, yet hit that ISO noise limit.

The challenge is for Sony to develop a mirrorless camera with a large sensor and of course EVF that can at least equal the ISO performance of the recent SLTs.  That would be as innovative as the SLT design.

They already have done that with the Nex system.

I'm just hoping they create something with a bit more dSLR functionality, ibis, and the A-mount.

I haven't seen any FF NEX yet. IMHO FF should be kept for A-mount, but that's me ...! -P

... Lucas

Always having fun with photography
http://www.lucaspix.smugmug.com/

They went full frame with a "compact" with the RX1.  Rumor suggest that fullframe NEX is coming.

Professional photographers and advanced hobbyist will still want a more dSLR-like body of course.  But most of those types of photographers aren't Sony shooters.  I wouldn't be shocked to just see Sony abandon that market.  I hope not.  Sony obviously is taking photography seriously with the NEX, RX and other compact systems.  Hopefully, they feel they need to have a "dSLR" model, just to keep people within the brand.

havoc315's gear list:havoc315's gear list
Sony RX100 Sony SLT-A99 Sony 50mm F1.4 Sony 85mm F2.8 SAM Tamron SP 70-300mm F/4-5.6 Di VC USD +6 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Ok..New
LOLNew
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow