14 Days and 4 Cameras.

Started Apr 29, 2013 | Discussions thread
Shop cameras & lenses ▾
Forum ProPosts: 12,724Gear list
Re: 14 Days and 4 Cameras.
In reply to Messier Object, Apr 30, 2013

Messier Object wrote:

beautiful stark images  Collin.

Funny I live on a continent that's 80% desert and I've never seen it up close like that.
Look fwd to seeing more of your pics

Re: the E-5 failure, did you bounce it in checked luggage  or in the back of a 4x4 on a bumpy road?  If not it seems strange that it failed. Maybe a loose internal connector as a result of the service/repairs you had done when the shutter died . . .

re: "I found the E-5/30 underexposing a lot in the bright light and had to dial in + compensation"

I've never noticed this with my E-30s and I've taken lots of pics in summer on our Aussie beaches.  But I almost always use Spot metering.

Howzit Peter.

The bouncing around could have been part of the problem. We did I road trip and the roads are pretty bad. I did however always have the E-5 cushioned. I think its just one of those things. I only switched to spot later on on due to the real contrasting colours and shadows I found I was blowing the highlights especially with moving subject. The repair and a lose cable has crossed my mind. It was inconvenient but It did work , it also required a lot of faith in the Olympus settings.

-- hide signature --

(Aficionado Olympus DSLR )
Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by the moments that take our breath away. (George Carlin)
New Seventh Wonder of the World.

CollBaxter's gear list:CollBaxter's gear list
Canon PowerShot SX230 HS Olympus E-500 Olympus E-30 Olympus E-620 Olympus E-5 +15 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow