The BIGGEST problem with my DP2M....

Started Apr 30, 2013 | Discussions thread
Jim Funston
Senior MemberPosts: 1,326
Like?
Re: The BIGGEST problem with my DP2M....
In reply to Hardy Steiner, Apr 30, 2013

Hardy I mostly use slr type cameras primarily for wildlife anymore..... that is why the need for excellent iso 1600 results in low light and for BIF work. My lenses for the slr would mostly be long telephotos, macro's, and I guess a good UWA maybe. Right at the present time the SD1m would not be a improvement over what I have (which also sucks at low light high iso I might add). I have confidence that the next generation may just be worth the cost of selling all I have in one system and then jumping into the Merrill SLR. It will be a major move for me with a fairly large loss of money so inorder for me to move what I move to has to be significantly worth it.

As it is my NEX 5 and 7 and numerous lenses are collecting dust since getting the DP2m...... all my  lightweight scenic stuff has now gone to this DP2m. If the Zeiss 12mm has issues with being used on my current NEX7 as the UWA zoom did I will most likely dump my whole NEX system. I figure if I have to buy a while new body to get use a UWA without corner issues I might as well get off the Sony-go-round and invest in a more stable platform that makes branded lenses that work on all their models past and present. Can you tell Sony ticked me off promising us a UWA and we waited only to find out it has corner issues with their flagship NEX model.... but works great on lesser grade models like the 5n and 6? I was and still am not very happy about this. Fact is that was what made me to look outside of Sony (something I thought I would never do at my age) and find this lovely DP2m.

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
+1New
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow