Started Apr 29, 2013 | Discussions thread
EinsteinsGhost
Forum ProPosts: 10,428Gear list
Like?
Re: viewfinder differences?
In reply to jrtrent, Apr 30, 2013

jrtrent wrote:

happypoppeye wrote:

I just got back from three weeks in Asia and saw a total of one mirrorless camera (Nikon Jx). Every other tourist had Canon cameras with kit lens attached. The new lower level Canon SLR's are cheaper, have better IQ, have way many less "glitches", are proven and have that Canon name on them. Honestly, they aren't much bigger than many 43 now, especially with the kit lens compared to some of these lenses that are coming out for m43.

In my opinion, m43 only works when it is small, otherwise there is no reason for it ...and right now they are making the system bigger.

Don't know it if relates, but most of the people I know who switched from a compact point and shoot to something bigger did it primarily so they could actually see what they were taking a picture of.  The optical viewfinder of even an entry-level DSLR still looks better to most people than LCD's and EVF's, especially on a bright, sunny day.  On my last visit to a camera store, I heard several customers telling the sales personnel similar stories, such as, "Took a little trip to the ocean last weekend, but I couldn't see a durn thing on this viewscreen--every picture was just a guess!"  They take a T3 with kit lens ($449 new, $379 refurbished) outside in the sun, and come back in convinced.

I think these people could use a bit of reality check. There isn't a situation where EVF has failed me, but plenty of situations where its very presence has helped immensely. It also makes photography via Live View (LCD) practical alternative.

EinsteinsGhost's gear list:EinsteinsGhost's gear list
Sony Cyber-shot DSC-F828 Sony SLT-A55 Sony Alpha NEX-6 Sigma 18-250mm F3.5-6.3 DC OS HSM Sony 135mm F2.8 (T4.5) STF +12 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
NEXNew
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow