Veteran MemberPosts: 3,249
Like?
Re: Why m4/3rds is declining in the US.
In reply to AndyMulhearn, Apr 30, 2013

AndyMulhearn wrote:

Mjankor wrote:

Richard wrote:

Cailean Gallimore wrote:

I don't know or care how well or badly Canon are doing compared to m43, but I gave up after 3(!) m43 cameras, because of the poor dynamic range. The sensors just aren't big enough.

I have never owned one but that is good information and that could be yet another reason.

First, why the obsession with m4/3s Richard?

Second, you know that the OM-D is intended to compete against the D7000 and similar class of DSLR. We've covered this in the past. Did you "forget".

Hmmm, dxomark has the 7000 and 7100 with a wider dynamic range than the OM-D. And the Pentax k5 iis is even better.

Third, you know the current M4/3 cameras have better DR than all Canon APS-C sensor cameras. Did you "forget" that too?

According to dxomark, the OM-D has a better dynamic range than the 7D so yes, you are correct the OM-D sensor is better than a four year old Canon design.

Feel better now? or are you getting a tad obsessive about Canon DSLRs?

m43 forum is full of comparison with canon dslrs, ironically the same Sony many of the m43 fanboys hate there have given them something that they can boast about in forums.  They just do not agree that the same sony sensors in apc and ff cameras are better than the ones in m43 cams.

-- hide signature --

::> I make spelling mistakes. May Dog forgive me for this.

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
NEXNew
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow