Regular MemberPosts: 135Gear list
Like?
Backpack for D600, flash and 3 lenses
Apr 30, 2013

First the gear:

• D600
  • Nikon 50mm 1.8G
  • Nikon 70-300mm
  • Tokina 16-28 f2.8 (same size as Nikon 14-24 for reference)
  • Nikon SB700

To me this doesn't seem that outrageous.  It's a camera, flash, telephoto, wide angle, and 50mm instead of a standard zoom.  This can't be that unusual.

Yet looking at camera bags almost none of them will fit this gear unless I get something really big.

I live in Sweden and half the year it's wet, snowy, etc and I can't really put the camera bag down.  Therefore I need something that I can get access to while it's on my body.  In addition I'm often outdoors walking, hiking, and biking and a messenger type bag would be uncomfortable with all that gear on one shoulder for many hours.

Does anyone have any good advice for a backpack that can fit this gear?  Am I being unreasonable to expect to bring 3 lenses and a flash without bringing a 20L or 30L backpack with me?  I'd like to be able to get rid of my regular backpack and have a photo backpack that can take this gear and a book to read.  I'd prefer it not be ginormous.  So far the Lowepro Flipside Sport 15L seems decent but it can't fit a book and I'm not sure how comfortable it would be if you flip it around with that waist strap.

sthlm's gear list:sthlm's gear list
Nikon D600 Nikon AF-S Nikkor 70-300mm f/4.5-5.6G VR Tokina AT-X 16-28mm f/2.8 Pro FX Nikon AF-S Nikkor 50mm f/1.8G +1 more
Nikon D600
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow