Intervalometer BS from Canon- may switch to a value added brand!!!

Started Apr 28, 2013 | Discussions thread
kkardster
Senior MemberPosts: 4,999Gear list
Like?
Re: Intervalometer BS from Canon- may switch to a value added brand!!!
In reply to summitphotographer, Apr 30, 2013

I just don't understand why the intervalometer is not a standard feature either.  All cameras already have a self-timer mode - how hard can it be to allow us to specify the start delay time and add a number of shots and an interval to it?  While they're at it, allow us to specify that start time in HH:MM:SS rather than a start delay time to make our lives a little easier.

I also have no idea why most cameras don't allow us to save our custom settings to the memory card so we can have a virtually unlimited number of sets available and/or share them with others.  I'd like to be able to call up custom settings for rare occasions where I really can't remember what worked well the last time I faced a similar situation.  And again, while we're at it, let us name the custom settings to something more apropos for its intended purpose - such as BIF for Birds In Flight or MACRO or STACKING, etc.  It all seems ridiculously simple to me.

I don't think that Panasonic is getting rich on their accessory business - except maybe on their batteries.  For the FZ-series they only offer a wired shutter release - no wireless and no intervalometer.  And if you try to order Panasonic accessories, they often sit on back order for some time before Panasonic cancels your order because they are unavailable.  I find this even worse than simply leaving features out.

-- hide signature --

Bruce
You learn something new every time you press the shutter

kkardster's gear list:kkardster's gear list
Panasonic Lumix DMC-LZ7 Panasonic Lumix DMC-FZ200 +5 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
OrNew
LessNew
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow