*** This Week Through YOUR m4/3 2013.04.29 ***

Started Apr 29, 2013 | Discussions thread
kgwhite
Senior MemberPosts: 1,544Gear list
Like?
Re: Fiesta in San Antonio
In reply to Hen3ry, Apr 30, 2013

Hen3ry wrote:

kg -- some nicely seen pix but they’re not in color when clearly this is a very colorful event and color would add much to its depiction.

Cheers, geoff

I completely understand your objection. Fiesta is a visual feast for color photographers. I also understand that black and white photography is an acquired taste that is not universally appreciated.

There is such a thing as too much color which is distracting to the eye. The first 2 images fall into that category. They are extremely detailed and busy images. Color did not work well in those images.

The rest of the images did work in color and perhaps I should have left them as originally captured. In particular the last one includes a bright red neon sign that is very striking in color.

I like exploring some of the edges of photography. In enjoy black and white and also unsharp blurred images interest me. Thanks for looking at my images but please don't substitute my aesthetics for your own.

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow