MFT shipments down

Started Apr 26, 2013 | Discussions thread
MichaelKJ
Veteran MemberPosts: 3,011Gear list
Like?
Re: I have said it umpteen times, people are clueless about significance
In reply to Jorginho, Apr 30, 2013

Jorginho wrote:

It is really funny if you look with what sort of authority some speak abotu these 5 data. N=5! and insist it is meaningfull for trends etc...Some of them are so ignorant, you simply know it is of no use to even argue with them that I think it is better to just leave them in their own fictional belief that they can draw some conclusions based upon tjhis and that theirs is the right one..

There is one conclusion that can be drawn: without any MORE data and background, the numbers only show us what they show. They cannot give us any clue what will happen or not.

As I recall, it wasn't that long ago many people here were using data for similar time periods to argue that mirrorless is the future and that DSLRs' days were numbered. However, presented with data showing a slide in mirrorless shipments, people seem eager to claim that these data are meaningless.

You seem to be arguing that these data are neither good or bad news. However, I, for one, would be happier if mirrorless shipments were up from last year.  Stock markets rise and fall based on quarterly reports and monthly economic employment and GDP data.  I guess you know more about what is meaningful than the investors, analysts, government policy makers, etc who make decisions based on quarterly and monthly data.

MichaelKJ's gear list:MichaelKJ's gear list
Fujifilm FinePix F31fd Olympus PEN E-PL1 Olympus OM-D E-M5 +1 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow