LX7 awful edge resolution due to distortion correction

Started Apr 30, 2013 | Discussions thread
Chris62
Regular MemberPosts: 244Gear list
Like?
Re: LX7 awful edge resolution due to distortion correction
In reply to Shirozina, Apr 30, 2013

How you can comapre lens F1,8 and F1,4 this way?

It's obvious that F1,4 is much more difficult to create but do not forget F1,4 allows use 1EV lower ISO and it is the point for the quality sometimes.

I'm very glad from LX7 lens, it can be that not every copy is the same quality but before I buy camera I always check if it is OK in the store. (i do own test pictures)

And I do not understand people who claim that panorama mode replaces wide angle.

It is not possible - it is not the same. My advice is to educate about perspective in photography.

Wide angle of view in compact camera is the only way to get plasticity*** in the pictures.

*** Sorry for this word but I do not know how to describe in english this aspect.

I mean something as a 3D effect on 2d picture - normally it can be seen on pictures from medium format or FF with very fast lens. I hope you know what I mean.

Can anybody tell me what word in english is right?

About LX7... I like 21-90 range and fast aperturees F1,4-F2,3  and 5/11 pictures per second too and great movie mode and software also ND filter with automatic turning on when necessary is must have with such fast lens to avoid overblown pictures.

LX3/LX5 forget - these are much worse cameras overall.

LX7 is the best in this class.

Chris62's gear list:Chris62's gear list
Panasonic Lumix DMC-LX7 Samsung NX10 Samsung NX 30mm F2 Pancake Samsung NX 18-55mm F3.5-5.6 OIS Samsung NX 50-200mm F4-5.6 OIS
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow