The BIGGEST problem with my DP2M....

Started Apr 30, 2013 | Discussions thread
fongg
Regular MemberPosts: 280Gear list
Like?
Re: The BIGGEST problem with my DP2M....
In reply to rattymouse, Apr 30, 2013

fongg wrote:

Tiger1 wrote:

I thought you were going to say that you need a truck to carry the spare batteries when going on vacation!

Actually, I just got back from 4 days in Suzhou China.  Never once did I extinguish a battery while out shooting!  I was VERY surprised at that.  I was able to keep it under 100 shots at a time.  I had 3 batteries with me but never needed the two spares.

One helping factor was that I shoot a LOT of film still and so spend time with my medium format camera.  I shot about 15 rolls of film over 3 days or so.  That helped keep my DP2M going.

I have no problems with the battery life of my Sigma camera.

-- hide signature --

9 years of Fujifilm camera usage, ended by rampant fanboyism.

Sorry, can't get you exactly ... How did you manage to take 100 shots with 1 battery? Please explain a bit more ... Did you have the screen off and use a viewfinder? How did you set your auto screen off? ... I can only manage to take 40 shots with 1 battery ...

Wow....only 40?  That's amazing.  My screen was on although I dont have image review turned on.  I am careful not to leave the camera on when not shooting.  I dont chimp much.

I am guessing at the total number of images.  It might be as low as 75 but it was surely not over 100.

My batteries are pretty new, only a few months old.

-- hide signature --

9 years of Fujifilm camera usage, ended by rampant fanboyism.

Seems like the same setting as I have ... I have preview off and auto screen set to the minimum time. My battery is even newer. Maybe it is because I preview shots I take right after each shot, even I have preview off. Anyway, I've got an external battery with a "fake battery" connector. That should resolve the issue.

fongg's gear list:fongg's gear list
Sigma DP3 Merrill Ricoh GR Canon EOS 7D Leica M9-P Fujifilm X-T1
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
+1New
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow