New (and better?) Bare Bulb Alternative to Q Flash and Elinchrom Ranger. What do you think?

Started Apr 27, 2013 | Discussions thread
CraigBennett
Contributing MemberPosts: 688Gear list
Like?
Re: New (and better?) Bare Bulb Alternative to Q Flash and Elinchrom Ranger. What do you think?
In reply to Nikonparrothead, Apr 30, 2013

Nikonparrothead wrote:

The VML should be able to handle the Flashpoint it's a wonderful little piece of gear.

As for the 1600s vs the Einsteins, go with the Einsteins. It's more versatile with better color consistency.

-- hide signature --

'Nice pen, bet you write good stories with it.'

Thanks.  Yes, the VML does indeed have the power, the recycle time drops to 3 seconds, but that's inline with the Flashpoint's at full power anyway.  My Flashpoints are the older ones and they are big and heavy.  That is one of the reasons I was going toward the 1600B.  I agree fully with Einsteins, they are much better than the AB IMO.

I think I will pass on the AB deal and go with one Einstein with PowerMC2 control and VML.  Should make a nice portable unit.  And as you point out, if needing more power, just use my Flashpoints.

Regards,

-- hide signature --
 CraigBennett's gear list:CraigBennett's gear list
Nikon D90 Nikon D800E Nikon AF-S DX Nikkor 18-105mm f/3.5-5.6G ED VR Nikon AF-S Nikkor 70-200mm f/2.8G ED VR II Nikon AF-S Nikkor 24-85mm F3.5-4.5G ED VR +5 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow