Fuji X20 review posted

Started Apr 30, 2013 | Discussions thread
Nukunukoo
Regular MemberPosts: 353Gear list
Like?
Re: what are you, a shill?
In reply to bigmarcelo, Apr 30, 2013

bigmarcelo wrote:

I'm pretty happy with the X20 for backup to my DSLR (Nikon D600) - I shoot in raw, however I haven't noticed that much difference to Jpeg... so doing fine jpeg plus raw now ... use mostly for carrying around when I don't know if I will have time to shoot or not...

the performance is much better than my previous point and shoot (Canon G11) in low light or flash situations.... in bright sun light... not much in it to be honest.. but the Fuji is also much faster.... the canon was very slow ...

I debated between the x20 and the nikon 7700.... tried the Sony rx1000.. didn't think the price justified the picture quality, but the sony compactness would be nice... I have to carry the fuji rather then put it in my pocket... which I could do with the Canon G11 (large but flat)....

the other benefit is that I can give the camera to other people, put it in auto and its fine... easy does it ... including my wife .... no hassles there...

the only caveat for me is the lacklustre battery life... I always carry a spare one...

Happy here too. And having a manual zoom also makes a difference! The X20 nicely complements my D7100 and as a street cam it's just plain fun! I got approached a couple of times being asked if I was using an old Leica film camera!

Going back to my adventures using the X20 as a street cam, having a fast 4X manual zoom makes a universe of difference. My partner has the X100S and as far as focal, composing, and framing dynamics are concerned, the X20 outstreets it!

I agree with the battery life but I was able to get the 1500mAh version on eBay and now, my battery life is a non-issue.

I just wish they get the firmware sorted with the NR and PLEASE add some more manual controls in movie mode.

Liz.

Nukunukoo's gear list:Nukunukoo's gear list
Fujifilm X20 Nikon D300S Nikon D800E Nikon D7100 Sigma 50-150mm F2.8 EX DC APO OS HSM +4 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow