Grim future for the camera makers?

Started Apr 27, 2013 | Discussions thread
Lance B
Forum ProPosts: 27,405Gear list
Like?
Re: Grim future for the camera makers?
In reply to Cailean Gallimore, Apr 30, 2013

Cailean Gallimore wrote:

We have tourists in droves all year long, and I'm seeing many more people using phones, to take photographs than even a year ago. The writing is on the wall.

LOL. I think you're mixing up a few things here.

They are using cell phones now because previously those same people wouldn't have even bothered with a camera beacuse they are too lazy to carry one round with them. Now they have a cell phone, which their dreary little lives dictate they cannot do without, and so they now take a cursory photo just so as they can brag to their social group.They ooh and aah about how good the result is and it is those same lazy people will say, "why do I need a DSLR when I can get this great result" showing some tiny image on a cell phone which has been taken in good light under optimum conditions.

The thing is, there are so many that aren't so lazy and go the extra yards to get the ultimate best photo quality that their money can buy and decide to "lug around" a DSLR to accomplish that end. Most people are lazy, need convenience and need thei social media hit and that is why cell phone are so popular.

Lance B's gear list:Lance B's gear list
Nikon D810 Nikon AF-S Nikkor 16-35mm f/4G ED VR Nikon AF-S Nikkor 14-24mm f/2.8G ED Nikon AF-S Nikkor 24-70mm f/2.8G ED Nikon AF-S Nikkor 500mm f/4G ED VR +11 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow