About OSS degrading image quality

Started Apr 29, 2013 | Questions thread
seachicken2000
Senior MemberPosts: 2,630Gear list
Like?
Re: Filters
In reply to Keit ll, Apr 30, 2013

Keit ll wrote:

I find it puzzling that those who are adamant that ILIS can cause IQ deterioration still seem reluctant to urge Sony to make a return to IBIS in the NEX cameras. This seems the obvious solution 

I think they may well bring back IBIS when the sensor sizes increase. Pixel shift stabilization on crops of the sensor will come for free, assuming Sony choose to implement it, and would not add bulk to the cameras.

I am not convinced that Henry's blurred example is due to any floating lens elements . it looks more like rotational movement to me which IBIS in Olympus cameras can address. The figure in red is less blurred than those towards the edges of the image.

The trajectories of the features in the image are all radial, so it looks more like the lens was zoomed during the exposure to me.

-- hide signature --

"The only thing that gets in the way of a really good photograph, is the camera"
Norman Parkinson

seachicken2000's gear list:seachicken2000's gear list
Sony Cyber-shot DSC-R1 Fujifilm FinePix S2 Pro Sony Alpha NEX-5 Sony Alpha NEX-7 Sony Alpha 7R +17 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow