Camera System?

Started Apr 29, 2013 | Discussions thread
ragmanjin
Regular MemberPosts: 461Gear list
Like?
Re: Camera System?
In reply to 123Mike, Apr 30, 2013

123Mike wrote:

But some people here seem to have no problem judging others to be complete beginners. As if I know next to nothing. And that is arrogant.

No, they made some good points. Yes, I know you've already stopped reading. I'm disagreeing with you and now I'm a terrible ignorant person and I'm wrong in my cold, black heart. But think about this real hard for a second: If you bring a full cup of tea every time you go to your local coffee shop, you'll never get the chance to discover their house brew might be your favourite beverage of all. Could happen if you'd open your mind.

Fuji Q1, Kodak 1-A Autographic, Pentax K1000 and K-7, Canon EOS ELAN 7E, XT and T2i, Nikon D5100 and D7000, Phase One P30+ and P45+ to name a few, bit of Samsung, Pentax, Sony, Mamiya/Leaf and Hassie along the way. I'd have never found the strengths or weaknesses of any film or digital cameras if I was stuck chugging the punch of a single brand. That's all they're saying. And all I'm saying is that Sony is complete trash at high ISO (or anything above ISO 400), their SLTs' semi-mirrors rob light making high ISO a necessity and their only redeeming feature is quick AF seen through sub-par electronic viewfinders; depending on what your "advice recipients" are using these cameras for, you might be steering them towards a whole lot of buyers' remorse. Sports? No? No good. Sure, it works for you. Sure, it works for your one specific style of photography. But I don't use a screwdriver to hammer in a nail or a flip-flop to run a marathon. Don't keep taking it so personally, all this is is a lot of well-educated photographers trying to redeem a thread from your constant ridiculous "Sony is for everybody" comments. We're not saying you're a newb and we're not saying you're ignorant, but I am saying you're stupid. Take this personally instead: Go try some Van Houtte's dark roast at the closest gas station, in comparison to your "Stash" Earl Grey it might just blow your mind. By Van Houtte's, I mean any other camera brand. By Gas Station, I mean London Drugs or Best Buy or Foto Source or whatever.

"What's the best light-roast coffee? I'm dying for some caffeine, this graveyard shift is killing me."
"Oh man, drink this rooibos. Off. The. Hook."
"..."

Thanks for reading,
Raj.

P.S., here are some gangsters. In SPACE!

ragmanjin's gear list:ragmanjin's gear list
Samsung Pro815 Canon PowerShot G11 Pentax K-3 Pentax smc DA 18-55mm F3.5-5.6 AL WR Pentax smc DA 35mm F2.4 AL +7 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow