Veteran MemberPosts: 3,315
Like?
Re: Why m4/3rds is declining in the US.
In reply to Richard, Apr 30, 2013

Richard wrote:

Mjankor wrote:

Richard wrote:

Cailean Gallimore wrote:

I don't know or care how well or badly Canon are doing compared to m43, but I gave up after 3(!) m43 cameras, because of the poor dynamic range. The sensors just aren't big enough.

I have never owned one but that is good information and that could be yet another reason.

First, why the obsession with m4/3s Richard?

No obsession, just wondering why the decline in the US but not other countries.

In 2012 even pentax Q outsold OMD in japan as far as sales are concerned.  This fact is much more amusing because lots of people here considered q to be toy camera, such is the state that omd could not even compete against cam.

Second, you know that the OM-D is intended to compete against the D7000 and similar class of DSLR. We've covered this in the past. Did you "forget".

Nope, but this isn't a discussion about which camera does what, it is why the decline.

Third, you know the current M4/3 cameras have better DR than all Canon APS-C sensor cameras. Did you "forget" that too?

I don't think the masses who buy $1000 cameras really care that much about DR if they even know about it.

Couldn't agree more.

-- hide signature --

::> I make spelling mistakes. May Dog forgive me for this.

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
NEXNew
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow