Started Apr 30, 2013 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
photoSJS
Junior MemberPosts: 42
Like?
another trip to NYC--want some photo ideas
Apr 30, 2013

I will be spending three days in NYC this weekend...I have been there 2x before, so I want to do some photos of the regular touristy stuff (such as grand central station, ESB) with a creative eye...you know, taking regular shots of common stuff from a different perspective.

But, I am also interested in some lesser known areas to shoot.  If I take the Stanten Is ferry, do you think I can get some good shots of the NYC skyline?  What time is the ferry operational?  Also, if I take a boat to the Statute of Liberty, can I get some good/unique photos.  There are probably some gems (bothgood architecture and grit) in Queens and Brooklyn..any suggestions?

Any other suggestions for something off the beaten path?  I like grit, and I took the 7 line last time and liked that..anything similar you recommend?  Really, anything I can take that is a little out of the norm, I would like...I pretty much shoot anything, and will do day and night shots.

Also, is the High Line worth a visit?  In short, anything out of the ordinary would be really appreciated...I like taking unique shots of both things not too touristy and touristy things which I can try to make unique. I will be bringing a D7000 with lenses from my 11-16 to 80-200 f/2.8.

I will be visiting B&H of course.

Nikon D7000
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow