Should I get the Oly 75mm?

Started Apr 29, 2013 | Discussions thread
Anders W
Forum ProPosts: 17,051Gear list
Like?
Re: Should I get the Oly 75mm?
In reply to neil holmes, Apr 30, 2013

neil holmes wrote:

I know a pawn shop that has a Minolta 85 1.7 seems to be in good condition (gotta have a closer look...not sure if MC or MD) but it is $40

It's always possible to get lucky of course. The cheapest MC 85/1.7 I can find on ebay right now is USD 300 and the cheapest MD 85/2 sells for 330. Seems like a good idea to scoop up that 85/1.7 from the pawn shop even if you don't need it. If it's in decent shape you'll make a more than decent profit.

I told them that it was worth a fair bit more.

You were certainly right about that. But why didn't you just buy it instead?

I am not sure if many are SELLING at prices above $300 or so...I think they may sit there for a while...but when one is started at auction at a much lower price, the do seem to get into lower 3 figures.

I was watching this market for a while before buying my MD 85/2 and regrettably they do sell for prices in that neighborhood.

Anders W's gear list:Anders W's gear list
Panasonic Lumix DMC-G1 Olympus OM-D E-M5 Olympus E-M1 Panasonic Lumix G Vario 14-45mm F3.5-5.6 ASPH OIS Panasonic Lumix G Vario 7-14mm F4 ASPH +21 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
NoNew
YesNew
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow