GH3 - Who says that m43 is not good for sports !!!

Started Apr 29, 2013 | Discussions thread
Anders W
Forum ProPosts: 15,507Gear list
Like?
Re: I have tried this
In reply to Jorginho, Apr 30, 2013

Jorginho wrote:

I have used the Gh2 and the EPl5 with the 45 mm, the 45-200 and the 100-300. As is the case with DSLRs, here also ti is lens dependant. The 100-300 is "ideal" to get some object isolation but it is clearly the slowest performer on either body.

Slow to AF-C you mean or what? Of course, the AF of a longer lens will have a tougher job than that of a shorter if it does what you want, i.e., give you higher magnification. More travel for the AF lens group to do. Hard to avoid but hopefully we'll see improvements here to.

The 45-200 fared better. The 45mm was best but of course you cannot single out anything with that lens and people 30-50 mm away from you.

I am going to try it with the 35-100 soon, but that too is on the short side I fear. And my main thing is BIF (when it comes to action) and 200 mm equiv is really 200 mm too little at least (to me).

What I read here form GH3 is encouraging. Too bad the cam is too big for my liking.

Anders W's gear list:Anders W's gear list
Panasonic Lumix DMC-G1 Olympus OM-D E-M5 Panasonic Lumix G Vario 14-45mm F3.5-5.6 ASPH OIS Panasonic Lumix G Vario 7-14mm F4 ASPH Panasonic Lumix G 20mm F1.7 ASPH +18 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow