Started Apr 25, 2013 | Discussions thread
river251
Regular MemberPosts: 229
Like?
Re: Just published: Our in-depth Nikon D7100 review
In reply to Amadou Diallo, Apr 30, 2013

Amadou Diallo wrote:

Hey everyone,

Just wanted to let you know we've put up our 25-page Nikon D7100 review. Does the lack of an AA filter have a meaningful effect? Is low light performance as good as the D600? Is moiré an issue for video shooters? And most importantly, What's that little 'i' button on the back of the camera for? Click here to find out.

-- hide signature --

Amadou Diallo
dpreview.com

Didn't DPReview previously make very detailed comparisons between a camera and competitors in in-depth reviews? In this case I expected to see much discussion contrasting the D7100 and D7000 in various ways, especially resolution and image quality. As it is, I'm left with vague statements that the D7100 bests the D7000 but little discussion of the details. The D7000 is barely mentioned in the review. Publishing reviews that state "this camera is great, give it a gold" mean nothing without drawing close, demonstrable contrasts between it and competitors. After reading this review, I have no idea HOW MUCH better the D7100 is.

Has DPReview decided not to offend anybody, and not really compare cameras....making their in depth reviews pretty useless?

Jim

-- hide signature --

You're as happy as you think you are.

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow