*** This Week Through YOUR m4/3 2013.04.29 ***

Started Apr 29, 2013 | Discussions thread
lambert4
Senior MemberPosts: 1,386Gear list
Like?
Re: *** This Week Through YOUR m4/3 2013.04.29 ***
In reply to Bob Tullis, Apr 29, 2013

iphone image of my new used Rokinon 85mm f/1.4  on the OM-D what a beast..but a fun one.

First day with the lens sky lights flourescents and large floods, terrible lights, the OMD and Rokinon performed great, edited in Snapseed on my mobile device...this was at 2.8 auto ISO max 1600, A mode. stellar lens

Night time natural light at a local outdoor mall with a large sprinkler play area, f1.4 Auto ISO and me fidgiting with MF on the new lens

Same story different shopping center outside our favorite pizza place, wide open maybe 50' from me over my wifes shoulder while we finished up. decent crop and processed in Snapseed Mobile app.

Rokinon 85/1.4 one of only 5 keepers out of 20 chasing this guy until it landed and posed nicely for me...

Same shopping center with the Pizza place in Scottsdale AZ Sun setting soon casting a glow in the plaza he was showing a leaf to his little sister and I happened to catch his smirk.  85/1.4 most likely wide open as I was trying to get a feel for the razor thin DOF to better get the focus right.

I recieved the Rokinon 85mm F/1.4 this week and love the contrast and saturation I get with it.  I am getting used to the difference in the Live view and the actual capture it seems over exposed by a stop or so from what I see in the EVF.  That being said as you can see in the first image it is a beast, aside from the overall size it weighs what I guess to be twice what the camera body weighs, and the focus ring is firm and solid, the aperture ring is a really nice touch, I wish more lens had these still like my old OM lens.  The remarkable thing for me is the CA is better controlled than my old OM lens collection.  Anyways I have rambled enough, thought I would show a nice combination lens adapter that I scooped for $250 total, it is no where near the convenience or ease or possibly the performer of the 75mm/1.8 of Oly but I couldn't justify the cost with the rarity I use the FL other than family portraits, and the MF is nice to use. I imagine I get better than half as proper focus.

-- hide signature --

Here's to learning something new everyday, and remembering it the next.

lambert4's gear list:lambert4's gear list
Olympus OM-D E-M5
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow