X100s users: focus point visible in the viewfinder ?

Started Apr 29, 2013 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Hoefie
Regular MemberPosts: 261Gear list
Like?
X100s users: focus point visible in the viewfinder ?
Apr 29, 2013

Hello to all of you X100s users,

I am very tempted to purchase the X100s (if you want to know why, see my other threads in this forum, and in the Canon 60D/7D forum).

I am a canon DSLR shooter and I am used, especially with my 2 kids (age 2 and 4), to select in the viewfinder one AF point (not necesserly the central one) and compose my shot according to the selected AF point. This to avoid to focus and recompose, especially dangerous when using big apertures (F2 and bigger).

Even if I do not half press the shutter button (or the AF button on the back) I always know what AF point I have choosen, and I can compose very quickly. This is very handy especially when trying to take a picture of fast moving objects (or children)

My question (it my be a silly one; but honestly I have never hold a X100 or X100s in my hands): in the X100s viewfinder, are there already pre-defind AF points visible, as for in example in a DSLR ? or do I have to choose ANY location in the viewfinder I want as an AF point (as for example in LIVE VIEW mode on a DSLR, or any P&S that has a touch screen LCD).

By selecting a pre-defined AF point (or location, depending on the answer on the question above) in the viewfinder; will it always be visible in the viewfinder so I can compose accordingly to it ? Or will it only be visible when I have press the shutter button.

Sorry if my question is not too easy to understand, but English is not my native language...

Thanks in advance

Kind regards from Belgium

Hoefie's gear list:Hoefie's gear list
Fujifilm X100S Canon EOS 60D Canon EF-S 10-22mm f/3.5-4.5 USM Canon EF-S 17-55mm f/2.8 IS USM Canon EF-S 55-250mm f/4-5.6 IS +7 more
Canon EOS 60D Fujifilm FinePix X100 Fujifilm X100S
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow