D7100 vs GH3

Started Apr 28, 2013 | Discussions thread
ajamils1
Senior MemberPosts: 1,059Gear list
Like?
Re: D7100 vs GH3ju
In reply to Mannypr, Apr 29, 2013

Mannypr wrote:

A lot use hyperbole to describe the image differences between one and another modern high quality camera when in reality the differences that that exist are so small as to render render the comparisonn between one and the other other fruitless .. It's more about features . If you see yourself moving ahead in photography instead of being content in having a good  camera and staying there , you will be better served with Nikon . On the archaic part I don't understand you as all cameras feel different when used for me at least a camera is a camera be it a F-100 or a D300 .

By archaic I meant that I did not feel that D7100 offered any innovation in terms of design, options or features. It looks very similar to D700, it has 24mpx sensor that is already available in D5200. It has 51 point AF system that is borrowed from another Nikon camera (D4 I believe). The only highlight that that you can (at least on paper) is the removal of low pass filter which does not seem to make any difference either.  That's why when compared to long feature list of GH3, D7100 felt archaic.

ajamils1's gear list:ajamils1's gear list
Fujifilm X-T1 Fujifilm XF 55-200mm F3.5-4.8 R LM OIS Fujifilm XF 10-24mm F4 R OIS Fujifilm XF 18-135mm F3.5-5.6 R LM OIS WR Fujifilm XF 50-140mm F2.8
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow