Question for X100s owners that also have a DSLR : AF

Started Apr 28, 2013 | Discussions thread
Hoefie
Regular MemberPosts: 261Gear list
Like?
Re: Question for X100s owners that also have a DSLR : AF
In reply to Brad Davis, Apr 29, 2013

Brad Davis wrote:

My most pressing issue is what to carry on the Inca Trail as I hike to Machu Picchu!

I did the Inca Trail to Machu Picchu in 2003. I was carying with me a SONY CYBERSHOT S70 (3.3 M.pixels), which was at that time a very good camera.

If it had not been stolen from me while in Rome a couple of years ago, I believe I still would be using it for the fun

Anyhow, the inca trail was for me not too dificult (I was 26 years old at the time). However, at some moments, in the sun, when it goes a certain places very steep, I was happy not to have to carry too much with me.

Should I do it again, I honestly believe I would take a camera that has a build in zoom, or a dslr with 2 lenses (eg. 17-55 and 70-200), to cover a wide range.

For my type of shooting, going to a place as Peru, I would be sorry to find out to be limited to one focal lenght; it would be too restricted for me.

Hoefie's gear list:Hoefie's gear list
Fujifilm X100S Canon EOS 60D Canon EF-S 10-22mm f/3.5-4.5 USM Canon EF-S 17-55mm f/2.8 IS USM Canon EF-S 55-250mm f/4-5.6 IS +7 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow