D7100 vs GH3

Started Apr 28, 2013 | Discussions thread
ajamils1
Contributing MemberPosts: 945Gear list
Like?
Re: D7100 vs GH3
In reply to BlueBomberTurbo, Apr 29, 2013

BlueBomberTurbo wrote:

If you're looking for photos alone, the D7100 will blow the GH3 away, no contest.  Larger sensor, higher quality, more pixels, and sharper.  Not to mention a backlog of decades of lenses to use.

If you're thinking about video, then the tables turn.  The GH3 is tops out there in video.  The sharpest image you'll ever see out of a non-professional video camera (not to mention Canon's cinema cameras), with high bitrate hacks to make high ISO noise child's play to remove, and completely eliminate artifacting on high motion video.

I had the exact same thread few weeks ago. Check it out.

http://www.dpreview.com/forums/thread/3450730

As for your question, I had similar question and after not being satisfied by the answers here, I purchased the D7100 and after two weeks of "testing", I returned it yesterday. I did many side by side comparison between D7100 (with Sigma 17-50 f2.8 and Nikon 70-300 lenses) and in real world shooting I just did not see enough difference to justify D7100. Granted it can produce great results...but when comparing to the things that I would have to sacrifice (articulating touch screen, EVF, smaller size, smaller lenses, wifi control, amazing video capture ), I just couldn't justify replacing GH3 with D7100. Also, to *me* D7100 just felt old and archaic.

ajamils1's gear list:ajamils1's gear list
Sony Alpha 7 Fujifilm X-T1 Sigma 50-500mm F4.5-6.3 DG OS HSM Fujifilm XF 35mm F1.4 R Fujifilm XF 18-55mm F2.8-4 R LM OIS +3 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow