First look at the E-P5

Started Apr 25, 2013 | Discussions thread
happypoppeye
Veteran MemberPosts: 3,791Gear list
Like?
Re: YES! Re: Consider selling E-M5 for E-P5?
In reply to highwave, Apr 29, 2013

highwave wrote:

dylanear wrote:

Laszlo13 wrote:

It seems there's quite a bit of interest in the E-P5, but enough for people to considering selling the E-M5 for E-P5?

I LOVE my E-M5, but don't use the viewfinder all that much. Really miss being able to put my E-P1 with 20mm pancake in a large pant or jacket pocket.

Same exact thing here. Basically I read everywhere that a camera without a viewfinder just isn't worth it. For that reason I decided to go for the OM-D and see if this claimed must viewfinder is really worth the portability  penalty.

So far I struggle to see why a viewfinder is a must. Sure I use it in case of extremely bright light (sun right straight behind you), or when tracking motion, or when using a very long focal length. But still overall I can't see where this "must" claim is coming from.  I would say a tilting LCD screen is a way bigger must than a viewfinder as I find myself using that more often than the viewfinder.

This E-P5 will definitely be more pocketable than the OM-D. That's for sure.

...gotta stop listening to the one eye is better than two crowd

happypoppeye's gear list:happypoppeye's gear list
Panasonic Lumix DMC-GF3 Panasonic Lumix DMC-GM1 Panasonic Lumix G 14mm F2.5 ASPH Panasonic Lumix G Vario HD 12-32mm F3.5-5.6 Mega OIS
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow