Started Apr 27, 2013 | Discussions thread
Great Bustard
Forum ProPosts: 22,010
Like?
Re: If I might interject....
In reply to walkaround, Apr 29, 2013

walkaround wrote:

Great Bustard wrote:

Everyone already knew that f/2 resulted in the same exposure regardless of format and regardless of focal length

"Everyone"? I wish that were true, but there are too many posts on dpreview that prove you wrong, including that Sigma reveiw. "Everyone" did not know that, mostly due to confusion sewn by your singular definition of "Equivalence". That's why I posted what I did, even knowing that it would provide you with "entertainment".

Please link and quote a post where someone did not understand that f/2 resulted in the same exposure regardless of format and regardless of focal length for a given scene luminance and shutter speed.

You mention the Sigma review.  Please link and quote the portion.

The point of Equivalence, since you still don't seem to know, is that the same exposure on different formats produces different results, ergo, photos from different formats with the same exposure are *not* equivalent.

In your narrow definition of the term. Why is your definition more valid than mine?

What's your definition?

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow