"Equivalence" demonstrated: Canon 5D and Panasonic GX1

Started Apr 27, 2013 | Discussions thread
Great Bustard
Forum ProPosts: 23,465
Like?
If I might interject....
In reply to walkaround, Apr 29, 2013

walkaround wrote:

Can you please understand that the point of my original post was merely to show that f/2 is f/2 regardless of the format. To prove that I used identical ISO and shutter speed. Is that so difficult to get? Stop trying to make it about noise, image quality, dof. The EXPOSURES are the same in my post. The light areas are equal lightness and the dark areas are equal darkness. I shoot at base ISO, I don't give a sh*t about sensor noise. I never said "the noise" is the same, or the image quality. And I explicitly stated that the dof is different.

Everyone already knew that f/2 resulted in the same exposure regardless of format and regardless of focal length (for a given scene luminance and shutter speed).  There was nothing to prove.

The point of Equivalence, since you still don't seem to know, is that the same exposure on different formats produces different results, ergo, photos from different formats with the same exposure are *not* equivalent.

And since you "don't give a sh*t about sensor noise", then what is the difference in "exposure" between f/2.8 ISO 100, f/4 ISO 200, f/5.6 ISO 400, etc.?

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow