Camera System?

Started Apr 29, 2013 | Discussions thread
jcharding
Senior MemberPosts: 2,032Gear list
Like?
Re: It doesn't matter
In reply to Guidenet, Apr 29, 2013

But you are kind of proving my point.  The OP doesn't appear to know what, if any, advanced criteria he needs (if any, ever).  Nor did you when you started out.  You only figured that out through use and your own personal growth.  Trying to predict which of these relatively small areas of concern a person might need is not IMHO worth the effort.  For example lets say the OP has a vague interest in photographing birds and will one day need a 600/4.  But that day is over 5 years away.  So he/she buys a Nikon or Canon DSLR to prepare for that day.  But in the intervening 5 years he/she has two kids and now needs something smaller.  Or in the interim time period Samsung conquers the photographic world through a Metabones type of game changing tech advancement.  Or....

There are too many variables, and trying to predict them correctly on day 1 is not only close to impossible, but involves things that the overwhelming amount of people don't ever need.  So I return to my original point, which is that essentially all bodies and all systems are more than suitable for virtually everyone.

-- hide signature --
 jcharding's gear list:jcharding's gear list
Fujifilm FinePix X100 Olympus PEN E-P2 Olympus PEN E-P3 Fujifilm X-Pro1 Olympus OM-D E-M5 +10 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow