Started Apr 29, 2013 | Discussions thread
RoxanneY
Regular MemberPosts: 488Gear list
Like?
Re: More questiona about the a77 and a99
In reply to Amateur Sony Shooter, Apr 29, 2013

Amateur Sony Shooter wrote:

RoxanneY wrote:

If anyone could address this part, I'd appreciate it.
"Is the lens quality of the Sony 70-200 F2.8 such that this same shot have the same image quality if I took it from the back of the room  instead?  Or could I get a better image from the 3rd row with a 16-50 F2.8 or similar?"

Roxanne

Even if they are all F2.8 lens, 70-200 at tele end will receive less light, therefore you need to increase ISO or slow the shutter speed. Plus, you also need to worry about motion blur therefore a minimum safety shutter speed is required (and in turn can increase your ISO). So all in all, if you can sit at the front row you always get better picture.

Having said all that, if you do lots of portrait and available light shooting, A99 is the right choice within Sony system, the natural lens choice is 24-70/2.8 (or budget 28-75/2.8) plus 70-200/2.8 (could be Sony, or Sigma/Tamrom).

Hi!

Thanks so much for explaining this to me.  I'm going to have to give this some serious consideration!

Roxanne

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow