More questiona about the a77 and a99

Started Apr 29, 2013 | Discussions thread
shadowfax123
Regular MemberPosts: 103Gear list
Like?
Re: More questiona about the a77 and a99
In reply to RoxanneY, Apr 29, 2013

As far as I know, there isn't any news on a new SAL70200.  There is just speculation.

I've told this story before on how I ended up with the a99.  I saw the deal on sonystyle.com.  Passed it by my wife — mostly just goofing around — and my wife gave me a definitive NO.  I went to take a nap and my wife came upstairs about an hour later and gave me the OK.  Wow!  I read the reviews, including David Kilpatrick's review, and I went ahead and purchased the a99 w/ grip and flash.  It truly is a joy to shoot when you don't have to worry about tons of flaws with your camera.

I've had the 2470Z since it first became available.  If I could only keep one lens, it would be that one.  It truly has superlative optics, a good focal range on a FF camera, as well a nice build to it — although not weather sealed.  It's survived trips to Australia, France, Italy, Ireland, Scotland, Wales, as well as, sub zero temps here in northern Illinois.  Also, it's quite a heavy lens compared to the 2875 or the APS-C 1680z.  I popped my wife's 1680z — which she now uses on the A77 or A700 — on the A99 the other evening just to test it out.  Wow, what a nice, light feeling it has to it.

Best Wishes,

Christopher

shadowfax123's gear list:shadowfax123's gear list
Sony SLT-A77 Sony SLT-A99 Sony 70-200mm F2.8 G Sony DT 16-80mm F3.5-4.5 ZA Carl Zeiss Vario-Sonnar T* Sony 24-70mm F2.8 ZA SSM Carl Zeiss Vario-Sonnar T* +8 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow