More questiona about the a77 and a99

Started Apr 29, 2013 | Discussions thread
RoxanneY
Contributing MemberPosts: 573Gear list
Like?
Re: More questiona about the a77 and a99
In reply to shadowfax123, Apr 29, 2013

shadowfax123 wrote:

Of course, this is just based on my own experience.  The experience of a photo enthusiast and pixel peeper.

Sonystyle.com is still having their great sale on the A99 — a99, vertical grip, and flashgun for $2800.  You're essentially getting the A99 for 2k.  It may be worth the purchase in the end.

Indeed, I have no worries about setting the A99 auto ISO between 200 and 3200.  And, the results are very good indeed throughout that range.  Personally, I could never get those type of results with my A77.  I know others in this forum have achieved better results on their A77 than myself.  Regardless, I've many more keepers than I ever had with my A77.

You may want to wait for the a new version of the SAL70200G.  The current generation is nearly ten years old.  I purchased the newer sigma 70200OS to hold me over until the new gen eventually arrives.  I've heard that the fast Tamron 70200 is going to be amazing.  And, that will be out sooner.

Best,

Christopher

Hi Christopher!!

Thanks!! I was actually thinking of getting the other package from Sony with the 28-75 F2.8 lens instead because I'm not sure that I'll be shooting that much video (hubby has a camcorder) and I already have a less fancy flash that I could use for photos.  I realize this would be a great package if I could get the Zeiss 24-70 that everyone raves about.

Thanks for the heads up on the SAL70200G!  Is it coming out soon?

Roxanne

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow