Blackrapid strap almost killed $9000 worth of gear

Started Apr 27, 2013 | Discussions thread
Joe Tam
Regular MemberPosts: 364
Like?
Re: Blackrapid strap almost killed $9000 worth of gear
In reply to John M Roberts, Apr 29, 2013

Does anyone know who the higher ups are?  At this point I am only getting support that states my problems are one of a kind.  The Black Rapid customer support says my problems are as unheard of and their only reasoning is that I must have purchased a defective unit and received a defective replacement from Blackrapid.

Even the salesman who sold these was stating they are going to get sued because of these kind of issues.

The stitching around the velcro that connects the two straps also unravelled in the first two weeks which is why a replacement was sent.  The same thing happened with the replacement.

Perhaps the Black Rapid DR-1 is only meant for mirrorless or point and shoot cameras that are light.

John M Roberts wrote:

I would suggest insisting to speak with someone higher up the chain and provide photo's.

The only thing that hasn't happened is the CR-1 snapping at the spot where the caribeener meets the part that connects to the strap.

Frozencpu wrote:

Have you guys tried vulture straps they seem very tough and also can be used as neck strap

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow