Like?
Re: Unfair!
In reply to Midwest, Apr 29, 2013

Midwest wrote:

Clayton1985 wrote:

Dirk W wrote:

Archer66 wrote:

Dirk W wrote:

Poor people who just invested in an expensive SLT body that will soon be outdated by some superior totally new successor technology

Poor people who just invested in an OVF SLR body that is already outdated.

An OVF DSLR is not outdated, because it does not and will never have anything that is permanently blocking light from the sensor. Sony, a couple of years later, seems finally also have understood that this is not good.

An OVF DSLR without live view or video and with a sensor not as good as the SLT that permanently blocks light is outdated.

I think every DSLR made since 2008 has live view, and every one since 2009 has video - mostly HD video except for a very cheap model or two. So yes, dslr's from 4+ years ago can in some ways be considered outdated.

I bought a Nikon D600 and it arrived with many spots on the sensor so I sent it back. But the live view left much to be desired. I now have a Canon 6D and played with the live view yesterday for the first time. It's very slow.

My Sony NEX 5N seems generations ahead of the live view implementations on both the Canon and Nikon full frame systems (never mind the benefit of touch screen and articulation on the NEX 5N). Sony really gets this right compared to the big bigwigs.

sean lancaster's gear list:sean lancaster's gear list
Sony Alpha NEX-5N Sony Alpha 7 Sony FE 55mm F1.8 +2 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Ok..New
LOLNew
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow