*** This Week Through YOUR m4/3 2013.04.29 ***

Started Apr 29, 2013 | Discussions thread
deuler
Forum MemberPosts: 82
Like?
Shoes
In reply to Bob Tullis, Apr 29, 2013

My partner doesn't usually ask for photography help, but this weekend she needed to take some pictures of shoes. 'Espardrilles' as they are called here in Catalunya. We decided to take a 'lifestyle' image which shows a young couple wearing them and then a detail shot of the shoes themselves. The images were taken using an OMD with the 25mm pana/leica with a variable ND on so i could control the depth of field better. We also employed a speedlight tucked up in a portable softbox with a grid added for more precision. I was happy with what we were able to achieve on very grey/rainy day although if i could reshoot, i'd have used a smaller aperture as the DOF wasn't large enough for the 'lifestyle' picture, the shoes weren't in focus properly -but the image is for mood as opposed to product (cough cough).

The second last pic was taken the weekend before. It was taken using the OMD + lumix 35-100. I liked the juxtaposition of the boy and the graffiti.

C+C welcomed

Thanks,

David

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow